How to whitelist our email address
We want to make sure technology doesn’t get in the way of you receiving the information you requested. Your mail provider probably uses some type of spam filter that automatically sends emails from unfamiliar companies to a bulk, junk or spam folder. We do everything we can on our end to prevent this from happening, but a little help from you goes a long way. All you have to do to ensure that you receive communications from us in your inbox is to “whitelist” us by adding us to your list of contacts in your address book.
If you do not see our email in your inbox right now, overzealous filtering by your internet provider may have mistakenly sent it to your spam folder. Please open your spam folder look for it there, open it and mark it as “not spam”.
Even if you have the email in your inbox this first time, we want to make sure you get the next one too! So scroll down and find your email provider on this list for instructions on how to whitelist us.
To make sure email gets delivered to your AOL inbox, you must add the email address or corporate domain of the sender to your Address Book or Custom Sender List.
- Click the “Spam Controls” link on the lower right side of your inbox screen
- When the “Mail & Spam Controls” box appears, click the “Custom sender list” link
- Choose the “allow email from email@example.com” option
- Add the domain or email address you would like to receive mail from, then click “Add”
- Click “Save”
AOL Web Mail
If using AOL web mail replying to an email from From: AkbukTurkey.com will also work.
Email from that domain will now be delivered straight to your Inbox.
If you’re not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
- Use the “Not Spam” button in your Bulk folder
- Create a filter to automatically send email from certain domains to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as “Not Spam”
- - Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
- - If you see the email from [ From: AkbukTurkey.com] , highlight it and click “Not Spam”
- - This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help
Create a Filter
- Click “Options” in the top right navigation bar
- Select “Mail Options” from the list that drops down
- Choose “Filters” located on the left side of the page
- Click the “Add” button on the Filters page
- Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, “header” or “to”
- Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as “contains”
- Enter the text string to compare. For example: Read This Email from From: AkbukTurkey.com
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox
Hotmail Live, Windows Live and MSN
In the new Hotmail you must “Mark sender as safe” to enable hyperlinks even in text emails and images in HTML
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
- Check the “Junk” folder if you do not see our email in your inbox
- Click the “Mark as safe” link
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe List
Mark Sender as Safe
Attachments, pictures, and links in this message have been blocked for your safety. Show content
From: AkbukTurkey.com email@example.com
From: firstname.lastname@example.org You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent: Thu 6/14/07 12:00 AM
- Click “Show content” to view the body of the email if it contains images and HTML
- Click “Mark as safe”
- From: AkbukTurkey.com will now be added to your list of “Safe senders”
Manually Add to Safe List
- Click “Options” in the upper right corner of your Hotmail screen
- In the Body of the page under “Junk e-mail” click the link “Safe and blocked senders”
- Click the link “Safe senders”
- Enter the email address “email@example.com”
- Click “Add to list”
To make sure email gets delivered to your inbox, you must add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list.
- Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right side of your inbox screen
- Click the “Add From: AkbukTurkey.com to Contacts List” from the list that appears
- You will now see From: AkbukTurkey.com appear under the link “Contacts” on the left side of the page
- Click the link “Contacts” and the in the “Search Contacts” form field
- Now you can select to move From: AkbukTurkey.com to a contact list of choice and edit any details
Outlook 2003 (or higher)
Because of the various email platforms that can work with Outlook, it is tricky to tell you how to recieve all email to
your Outlook inbox. We can tell you, however, how to make sure you can see all the emails you receive as they were
intended to be seen – with images. If a company is not in your address book or “Safe Sender” list, your HTML images
will not display.
To have HTML display correctly, users can:
- Change their automatic download settings
- Add sender to your address book
- Add your email or domain to their approved sender list
To change settings:
- Right click on a non-displaying image in an HTML email
- Choose “Change automatic download settings” option
- When the popup comes up, uncheck the first box in the list that says “don’t download pictures or other HTML content automatically
- Click “OK”
To add sender to address book:
- Open the email
- Right click on the from address
- Choose “Add to contacts” option
To add domain to safe sender list:
- Right click on a non-displaying image in an HTML email
- Choose “Add the domain to the safe sender list” option
- Scroll up to the message header
- Get to the field where email@example.com is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address
- Click the Berry button and then click Add to contacts
- Start up Norton AntiSpam
- Click the Status & Settings tab
- Click AntiSpam
- Click Configure
- Click Allowed List tab
- Click Add button
- In the ‘Email Address’ box, enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click OK
- Click OK
- Add the following entry to your user_prefs file, which is found in the .spamassassin subdirectory on your web/mail server
- whitelist_from email@example.com
- Save the user_prefs file or move the updated copy to your .spamassassin subdirectory.
Highlight the email from From: AkbukTurkey.com with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to Whitelist.
Click “More” in the SPAMfighter Toolbar and select “Whitelist”.
Here you can choose if you want to Whitelist the email address email@example.com or the whole domain.
To be sure that all emails from people in your Outlook contacts get through to you, you can import and Whitelist them.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click “More” in the SPAMfighter toolbar.
- Then “Options”
- Then “Filter settings”
- Then “Blacklists & Whitelists”
- Then “Whitelist email address”
- Then “Import”.
- Select your ‘Address Book’ and click on “Check all”
- Click “Add”
- Click “Apply”